Monday, April 18

Designer Challenge - April - The Great Outdoors

Hi Crafters
I am here today with Aprils Challenge from Karen Burniston and this months brief was : 
The Great Outdoors - create any sort of outdoor scene.

I was feeling a bit adventurous the other night and I fancied making a canvas to hold a photo.  As the theme was great outdoors I was looking at some photos I had from walks around the beautiful places in Surrey that we visit and I found this lovely one of Harvey from a recent (ish) walk to Reigate Priory.

I started with the canvas and swiped the Tim Holtz Crayons on it, spritz with water and then rubbed with fingers and made a nice background with lots of Autumnal colours.


I decorated the canvas with the following :
Karen Burniston All Season Tree for the tree, leaves and clouds*
Elizabeth Crafts Through the Lense Wood Paper Pack

* for the clouds I used the die to create a stencil to wipe the white
crayon through.

Reason for making a canvas, well we always make stuff for others and I wanted to make something for myself, something I could hang in our home.
Don't worry, Caiden has one coming real soon!

I used buttons and string to finish it off. And I really enjoyed making something a bit different for me, as much as I was tempted to add a critter on the frame somewhere, I resisted and let the trees and photo be the main focus.

I will be back tomorrow with another Great Outdoors creation, most probably a card, I have not decided yet.

Don't forget the check out the links on the LEFT  <---------- font="">

Until tomorrow
Cazx




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...