Monday, August 10

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - August - Inspired Creations

I LOVE THIS MONTHS CHALLENGE!

This months challenge is : Inspired Creations - we've all been blown away by each others work month after month and here's your chance to show a fellow teammate how much they've inspired you. Pick any project from any Designer Challenge going back to the beginning and use it as inspiration for a new card. You could be inspired by a technique, a color scheme, a combination of dies - anything.

Being this this Design Team is one of the most inspiring ones I know and I know that I look at my fellow teamies work in awe and admiration for the work they do.  The biggest challenge here was to choose what I would use for my inspiration and to be honest I think I am challenging myself extra to try and continue this challenge through out the year as there is nothing wrong with using someones talents to kick start your mojo or just give an idea.

First up I have chosen Helen Cryer's amazing Accordion and Tag combo card.  She has used the most amazing colours and Buster the Dog, Whiskers the cat for hers.  I chose the die combo to showcase this amazing mix but styled it in my own way using some of the new Farm 2 Collection.

This is Helen's amazing card :)



I love every thing about this!  You can see Helen's original post HERE


So for the front of the card you can see that I have used Cocoa the Horse
onto the Oval Accordion which has been used as a stand alone panel and not as an accordion.  I have decorated with the Hay from Hey there and the Fence and cloud edgers too.  I was a bit miffed that i messed up the colours and I got blue background which made the clouds blue  (opps)  but i'd already gone too far in to worry to change it :)  



For the centre I have used the Tag Pivot and decorated that with the Tag pivot decorative dies
and again the Hey there set as well.

For the last panel I have more or less used the same as the first panel, but this time decorated
it will William the Goat.

I really enjoyed making this card.  And I must remember to use this combo more often.
This just proves that the Karen Burniston Pivot Dies and Accordion dies can work
so well together.  

I will be back tomorrow with another card that I was inspired to make.

Crafts U Love have these dies in stock NOW and for now and I am not sure how
long the Newest arrivals from Karen Burniston are at a 
fabulous Introductory price.
Check them out HERE

Cazx






3 comments:

StampOwl said...

love your farm themed card Caz

Kelly Booth said...

Such a Perfect card Caz...Love the soft blue you used!

fran said...

What a darling card! One of my favorites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...