Tuesday, May 31

Woodware Design - Mens Cards

This week on Woodware we will be showcasing our ideas for making men's cards.  Usually, and as I have done here, I opt for the cute/comical option and I have used one of my Changito stamps from Stampendous, sold of course through Woodware, this cute stamp is available in wood and cling option, perfect for those men who love nothing better than to play golf, or at least claim to and nip down to the club house after! :)


I used the 8 x 8 paper pad called Whoop De Doo the earth tones in this pack
lend themselves perfectly to mens cards.  All of the paper is from this pack, it is 
all double sided.
I stamped the monkey and coloured with markers
Then I used the 2" blue circle punch to cut out the monkey.
I cut the brown paper to 1 1/2" wide and I used 3 strips
I scored the paper at 1/2" intervals and folded like a fan.  The 3 strips were stuck together
to create the rosette.  This is the fun part as the rosette naturally wants to "ping" up.  
You will need strong adhesive on both sides to keep this down and stuck onto your card.
With the pale yellow paper I used the yellow square punch to punch the ends to create
the ribbon effect.  This was all mounted together onto the small squared paper from the same stack.
Simple but very effective.  The changito stamps are available in many poses and other sports
too so there is something to suit all.   I am sure you will be seeing more of him from me as I am rather partial
to him and also his fluffly friend "fluffles the cat"

Check out the Woodware blog and also my fellow DT members, links can be found in the tab above.

Jane created a fab card yesterday creating a dinner jacket card and a beautiful rose in its pocket so if you missed it go and have a look now ;)

Cazx

3 comments:

Dorrie said...

Very clever with the square punch for the ends of the "ribbon" I am very impressed!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw, this card is a nice, cute and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I really like it. I don't make many cards for men but struggle when I do

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...