Monday, August 20

Mondays Must not miss it..

Today I am highlighting a blog that I found on the bella yahoo group and the fantastic idea Heidi had to preserve those special stamped candles. www.heartfeltblessings.blogspot.com For those of you who have not tried this yet I urge you to try it. I have seen this stamping on candles many years ago but for some reason didn't try it. So when I went to the stationery shop last week I picked up some Tissue paper (the type you wrap with not blow ya nose - Kim) and set about following Heidi's simple tutorial. I was a little puzzled about what the parchement paper was she used, I am not a baker and dont know whats down that isle in the supermarket, it may well be that we do have it in our stores, but I did have some greaseproof paper in the cupboard and that worked just fine!

You will have seen my first candle attempt below, unfortunately the top part will have to wait for now until I can get to a DIY store to see if I can get the boring bit.

Also I didnt have markers and used my watercolour pencils and aquabrush, yes it did make the tissue very wet but I did it all quickly and without touching it too much and viola! my first of many candles I am sure :)

Go check out Heidis blog now!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...